CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 3, 2010

Friends

This summer Avery met a very special friend. She was a little older than her but they were just like sisters. She lived in the same apartment complex as us and these two girls had such a blast with eachother. It was a very special instant connection that they shared. Soon after they started hanging out I found out from her mother that she has Cystic Fibrosis. Talk about break my heart. It's not fair that this sweet girl has to deal with something like that. I found myself falling in love with her. I told JD that I would take her home in a heart beat! It was crazy. I think I partly saw Avery in her. It was like I was looking at an older version of my own daughter. It was hard to leave Oklahoma simply because Avery and I would miss HER! I hope these two girls can keep in touch. We may even see her next summer, who knows! But she will always have a special place in my heart.

Kaleigh and Avery





The other neighbor girl that wanted so badly to be a part of this sisterly bond, haha!
Alright, speaking of sisterly bonds... I formed my own this summer as well! One of the other wives that was out here became one of my instant friends. I honestly have NEVER clicked and bonded with someone so instantly. The moment we met we just talked nonstop! It was crazy how much we had in common. I always tell her that it's like we share a brain. She actually grew up the only girl in her family, so I told her that I would be her sister. I told her it was like we were brothers from another mother but in a sister way! Anyways, it was hard to leave her behind too until I just recenlty found out that they will be moving here to AZ after the holidays!! I am so excited to have her here with me. Even if we didn't live in the same town, I knew we'd keep in touch forever regardless. But now, it's just going to be a little easier to do that ;) Here are some pics of us together this summer.....


At the movies






Heading to the zoo with a car cram packed with KIDS!






At the park



Just being us!






Sushi!!





Out for our weekly dose of frozen yogurt!!
Love you Ash!

6 comments:

Megan Sorenson said...

Cute pics Leah!!!

Alli Blue said...

Glad you have good friends!

Jessica and Mike Stosich said...

Awe, cute post. I really like her when I met her a few weeks ago! That's super cool she is moving here. Awesome!

Mark and Lachelle said...

You should talk Mark into letting us move down there too! ;) Nah, who am I kidding? I'm stuck here for life.
That's cute that little Aves met herself a friend! That's so sad that her sweet little friend has cystic fibrosis. I've never met her, but it breaks my heart to hear that! No little kid should have to go through that. I hope her and Aves can keep in touch!

Clenece said...

=( Good friends are so hard to come by...so sad you had to leave some!

Natalie said...

So glad you and Avery both had great friends over the summer.