CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

CRUISIN'

The end of October JD and I went on the Northstar company cruise. It was SO much fun to get away from it all. The day we were packing to leave to head to the airport I was not feeling so swell. I had a sick feeling that I was coming down with strep throat. I didn't even want to go I felt like crap. I managed to pack a bag and head to the airport. Upon arriving to the airport we found out our flight had been cancelled due to weather and that we were going to have to leave in the morning on a different airline. That was all fine and dandy except for the fact that we would probably miss boarding the cruise ship on time. We were a little stressed and I was more than a little under the weather at that point. So to make a fun and interestingly long story short, we did in fact make the ship but no joke, were the LAST people on! Haha, I would love to share that story with you some time. Anyway, I did get some antibiotics the next day and finally started feeling good again. So once I did feel better I was able to enjoy myself. We had such a great time!! The weather was perfect and the islands were gorgeous.





The Carnival Destiny








JD on top of the Catamaran contemplating the meaning of life. It took us off the coast of Key West to snorkel at the reef. Really really fun!








Formal night on the ship










Cozumel.... I LOVE the crystal blue water. It is so gorgeous I can't get enough of it!





Saying cheese on top of the ship






We rented these little buggies and drove around Cozumel all day. Probably my favorite part of the trip. SO MUCH FUN!
























Me, Kim, and Katie at one of the beaches we stopped off at. It was so much fun getting destroyed by all of the waves! Poor Katie had sand in places she didn't even know existed! Good times.





Turning in our buggies at the end of the day










So we happened to be on the cruise during Halloween. It was so fun to get dressed up in costumes and see everyone else's as well. Some very creative people out there!


Jersey Shore baby!! Haha, we tried!



JD with Jason the big bad wolf!



Snooky and little Red Riding Hood



Becky and I



Dancing with my girls




I can assure you I was totally sober! I was definitely among the minority ;)






Loved JD's self tanner and pink collared shirt! He definitely rocked the Jersey look. Wish I had gotten a better pic of his hair, it was awesome!!! Speaking of hair, at the end of the night JD had a great idea..... we tossed my wig overboard and watched it float through the air like a dead squirrel! It had its day.





JD dancing with his main man. This guy in the white coat was so funny. He was in the zone all night long. He would stay in his little corner and dance with his eyes closed oblivious to anyone or his surroundings. It was great!



My Mom flew out to AZ to watch the kids for us. I was a little bummed that we missed Halloween with them. She was a good grandma and took them around to the ward Trunk or Treat and made sure they got good use of their costumes. I will post them later... probably around Feb at the rate I'm going! Anyways, thank you so much Mom I really really appreciated it! To show my appreciation I took her to the Montgomery Gentry concert at the fair before she had to fly back home.





I LOVE you Mom!!!

6 comments:

Mark and Lachelle said...

You guys totally rocked the Jersey shore looks! JD could have used a little more self tanner though ;) I'm jealous of the cruise. I wanna go on one!! And especially hit up the dance floor! Yeah baby!

Alli Blue said...

Those costumes rocked! How fun and I am glad you felt better! That would have really sucked!

Jessica and Mike Stosich said...

You look SO much like your mom. Love all the pics. Sad that Mike and i couldn't make it due to baby. :(
Next year i told him we are going no matter what! It looked so much fun. Cozumel is gorgeous huh?! I want to go back there someday. I love that place.

Laurel Rasmussen said...

hahaha LOVED your costumes! and JD's popped collar was the icing on the cake, nice!
Jealous of all the fun places you guys get to go!

Clenece said...

So jealous!! That water looked so beautiful!!

Unknown said...

You are one hot mama! Ow-ow! Wish I could have been there with you!!!