We get on the doors a little later than normal because he had to go downtown and take care of some licensing stuff with the city. After he finished with that we hopped in the van and headed out to his area. When we stepped out of the car and started walking down the street approaching our first door I was nervous! Why?? I wasn't even the one who was going to do any talking, or any of the work for that matter! I just stood there each time someone came to the door and let JD work his magic. I was almost afraid to speak! Haha. I finally loosened up and wasn't so scared everytime I heard someone coming to their door. I must say my husband is a superb salesman. Something he probably won't boast! He is just so good at anything he puts his mind too. He's comfortable on the doors and people feel at ease talking to him. I LOVED watching him in action. He got a couple of sales and I had fun walking in his shoes for a day. I never took him or what he did for granted, but I definitely have a deeper appreciation. It was so stinkin hot and I found it funny how much I learned to love such a simple small thing such as someone opening their door and the slight draft of cool air comes rushing out the crack! Haha, It's the small things people! I also never thought a small glass of ice water tasted so good! We did encounter a couple of rude people but I guess you just learn to shrug that off. I've always heard some random crazy stories thoughout the years from various salesman and the funny things that happen to them and the people they come across. Well guess what?? I now have one of my own......
So JD and I just get out of his first sale and we're walking down the side of the street. (There are NO sidewalks in this town.) I notice that there is a red car coming towards us and is going super fast. I tell JD to get up off the curb and onto the grass. Just as we did, this car came flying past us and spun out of control and ran up onto someone's lawn (who just so happened to be the lady he just sold) and came to a stop. He seriously just missed hitting their parked truck in their driveway by inches. The young kid got out of his car and put his hands up on his head and was looking at the damage. He had tore up this ladies lawn and his car was in bad shape! He got in his car and drove off. I have no idea how he was even able to drive away with his tires all blown out. He had to have been driving through that neighborhood at 60mph, NO JOKE! What is up with people??!! He would have killed anything that was in his way. It just infuriates me to think about. Anyway, we (I) was a little shaken up and couldn't believe what we had just seen. JD said that in 6 years that was definitely a first! We shook it off (and helped the lady put pieces of her lawn back together) and continued on.......
By the end of the day I was ready to get in the van and head home! I had a new found respect for my husband and I had SO much fun hanging with him for the day. I love you honey so so much and I am so thankful for your hard work and providing all that we need and more! xoxoxo
These pics were taken at the end of the day.... we make such a good team, I think we need to start selling together permanently!! Although that would mean I'd have to quit my day job and I'd be reluctant cuz I'm really really good at it! ;) Haha!
7 comments:
That is so cool that you were able to see him work his magic! I am glad you are still alive and didn't get hit by that car!!!DANG!!!
Good for you! I think every wife should step in her husbands shoes, just as he should hers! It up's the level of respect. Sometimes when it is really hot I cannot even stand outside for 5 mintues, then to think that Jason mowed a bunch of houses in that same heat! YUCK!
PS....Glad you were not road kill.
That's so sweet JD let you go with him. I think you two make a good team, very cute couple that's for sure.
Mike told me a story from last summer that had me in tears. To make a long story short he witnessed a toddler and a father crash in a neighborhood on a motorcycle, blood everywhere. Not gonna get into details but it was so sad. Maybe you already heard the story, I'm not sure. I could never do sales especially after all the stories I've heard.
Why did I not know you went selling with JD?! That's pretty awesome! I don't know if I would want to (or even be able to hack) spending a day with Mark at his work! Our hubbies definitely work hard!!
I can't believe that idiot kid driver! It makes me mad too! Cars are always speeding down our neighborhood road and I yell at them! Almost every house up here has little kids!! Ugh! Stupid idiot drivers!
Wow, I don't know how to spell my own name!
Good for you! I wouldn't ever want to go out with Eric. I would be way to nervous and why too timid to talk to anyone!
Classic 'in the car' pictures! haha
Glad I was there to babysit while you went out in the HOT and HUMID weather all day knocking on doors! haha, can't believe you wanted to! Also can't believe that JD's been doing that for years.. I probably wouldn't make it an hour out there! Kudos to him and the rest of the gang!
Post a Comment