I decided to take one day and go to the Oklahoma Aquarium. It was located in Tulsa which is 2 hours away but I thought it would be worth it for the kids. We had to go through several tolls just to get there, some of which were 4 bucks each! Don't even get me started on toll roads.... I DON'T GET IT!!! My husband pays taxes up the wazoo each year and we still don't have the freedom to drive on whatever roads we please without paying an additional tax?? Seriously??!! Anyways, sorry I went off on a tangent for a second there... that was not the purpose of this post! Just glad we live in AZ where we can drive on any road for F-R-E-E!!

I wanted to get the kids picture taken by all the turtles because they are Grandma Wendy's favorite! They kept saying "Mom, Grandma LOVES turtles!" So that ones for you Grandma ;)
We went to the Aquarium during Shark Week. It was awesome! It's also pretty cool because Jace's school mascot is the Sharks, so we were able to have a little fun with it. We went on a day where they were feeding them and it was cool to watch them eat.
Aren't sharks so intriguing?! Look how creepy/eerie they are!
Check out the teeth on this Bull Shark! They had Tiger, Bull, and Nurse sharks in this tank. They say that the three most aggressive sharks in the ocean are the Tiger, Bull, and Great White Sharks. Just a FYI (you had no idea you were gonna learn something new today huh?!)
Feeding time!! They had 19 sharks in this tank and they were all circling around waiting for their food to drop in. Pretty awsome! The kids loved watching these sharks. Brody kept saying in his monster voice, "grrr, day are dunna bite choo!" Haha!

The kids all wanted to pose in front of this actual size "Megladon" shark. I thought it was an actual size Great White shark at first, yikes could you even imagine?!! A Megladon is a prehistoric shark. (See ya learned something new again!)

The kids were able to pet the sting rays and mini sharks they had in this little tank. I loved hearing Avery's little squeals each time she was able to touch one. They loved this, and sat hanging over the edge for over 30 minutes! So fun!

We watched the scuba divers come in and feed the fish. I love these tropical fish, they are so pretty. Makes me wanna scuba dive in the Caribbean so bad!! Check out that crazy cartoon looking fish in the bottom pic (and top right)! It's a princess parrot fish and I think it's about the ugliest thing I've ever seen!!
All in all it was a hit, and I suppose it was worth the drive ;)
6 comments:
That shark was too damn big!
Why was the princess parrot fish wearing blue lipstick? ha ha!
Glad y'all made the 2 hour trek to the aquarium. I'd say it was worth it! That prehistoric shark....are you kidding me?! I peed my pants a little, out of fright just looking at the picture!
Brody was right; that shark is dunna eat me!
Love those little kiddies! Cam said he wants to play with his cousins! I'm thinking a trip to San Fran?? (After we get our &*$#^@*% yard in!)
And speaking of sharks, did you know sharks have a week dedicated to the Dos Equis guy?
And seriously, what the hell is up with toll roads! Glad I live in the west!
Hey Leah, looks like you guys are having fun! I take it you are still gone. Kade called yesterday to see if Jace could play. Is he going back to Chaparral?? Give us a call when you get back!
Leah, that dorky looking fish is so funny! I was sitting here for like 5 minutes trying to figure out what it was. I thought I was looking at it wrong! But apparently, it really does look like a gomer fish.
Sharks are so creepy looking. I love watching the discovery channel about them, they interest me.
Totally worth the 2 hour drive! ;)
The pictures you got of that princess fish look a lot better than mine did! And I LOVE the picture of all the kids in front of the turtles.
Post a Comment