
Poor kid had to wait a few days for his birthday cake since we were moving on his actual birthday and wanted to get settled in first.

For his birthday we took him and a friend to Makutu's Island. This place is such a blast for kids and adults! It's a huge indoor treehouse and pirate ship adventure. Judging from the smiles on their faces, I think it was a hit!


Ok, so here is the best part of the day..... Casey begged me not to put this up on the blog but who are we kidding, there is no way I am leaving this out!! (Sorry Case) So... while I was still inside Makutu's Island with Jace and his friend, JD and Casey decide to take Avery and Brody out and get them in their carseats ready to go. As I walk outside with the little boys Casey said "I don't know how, but I locked the keys in the car." I look at JD and he shakes his head yes. I told them they were lying and went around to check the doors. Yup, all of them were locked and the kids were all buckled up in their carseats. Luckily the car was running so I wasn't freaking out at this point. Good thing too, because it was mid 80's that day. So while I am trying to coax Avery through the window to try and unlock the door, JD is calling 911! And I am having absolutely NO luck with Avery... she was acting like we were speaking Japanese to her or something! No more than 3 minutes later here comes a police officer... followed a few minutes later by a firetruck and another cop car! We were creating quite the scene in the parking lot!! Poor Casey was embarrassed I think... and here I am adding to it! Haha. Anyways, as all 8 of them were working on getting the door unlocked, I was so badly wanting to pull out my camera but felt kindof stupid doing so, until one of the officers said, "You better get that camera out!" Kinda funny, so of course I didn't miss that opportunity! The firemen and officers were really cool about it, handed out some stickers to Jace and his friend, unlocked our door, and we were on our way. Avery and Brody were just fine in the car, Brody was crying just because he hates his carseat right now. I don't think we will forget this moment!




10 comments:
Happy Birthday to Jace - what a handsome little dude!
Loved the story about locking the kids in the car. That's funny that the cop told you to take a picture! I would have been the same way - wanting to, but not wanting to seem too excited about it!
I can't believe little Jace is already 5!!! I remember when he was a little baby! And yes, I still am sticking with my story that Jace smiled at ME before anyone else!
And Poor Casey, but that story is hilarious. I laughed at the part when you said Avery looked at you guys like you were speaking Japanese! I can only imagine. She's wondering why the heck you idiots can't open a door! HA HA! Thank goodness for Phoenix Fire Department!
Oh, and is that a "Skor" cake Jace got for his birthday?! LUCKY!
Happy Birthday Jace!!! Man, that is hilarious, You always seem so calm and collected. Tell Lana congratulations for me, that's so exciting.
Tell Jace happy birthday from me! He's getting so big! What a nice brother he is too! Awesome story about the locked car.. I'm always careful when I get out of my car or the house, to make sure I always have the keys! I learned the hard way.. Evan locked us both out of the house one rainy day.. not the best situation! Glad JD was on top of things and called 911!!
Nice, way to go Pug! j/k I'm so glad everything worked out!
Happy Brithday little Jace!
I can't believe Cassey did that, hhahahaha! Too funny! Wow, I'm going to tease him about this until the day he dies! lol
LOL, what a great way to end the day!! Great memories to last!! Happy birthday Jace! LOL
Happy Birthday Jace! I can't believe he is 5 and will be starting kindergarten soon! so big!
Oh my gosh that is hilarious about Casey. I love that pic you took of him and of the police cars...he looks so embarrassed.
Post a Comment