I am finally getting around to posting all the events these past few weeks and am now caught up! We've moved back to Texas to the same town we were in last year. I am finding myself thinking Deja Vu a lot lately! I actually do like it here well enough to stay for 3 months I guess! This is indefinitely the LAST summer we will have to move. It's getting harder the older the kids are getting. But we did make it here safely and are all unpacked and settled in. Since the summers for me are pretty laid back I have some things I want to accomplish while we are out here:
1) Teach Jace how to ride his bike without training wheels. (Someone please tell me he is not the only kid his age who still has his on!)
2) Get Avery off the binky at night (this is going to kill me I just know it!)
3) Potty train Avery (again this is going to kill me too! But I figure at least she can have accidents all over this apartment carpet and not my own at home!)
4) Start and finish reading the Book of Mormon (I did it a few years ago and think it's time to start again!)
Well, that's all for now... enjoy the posts!
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Bob the Beta made it with us through the move! JD nor I had the heart to flush him down the toilet so we just brought him along too. I told JD I couldn't believe that HE felt bad about just flushing him down and he said " Hey, I have a soul!" Haha, too funny!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
First off, I bet it is pretty crazy to be in the same town as last year. I've wondered how it would be to move back to Moscow - weird!!
As far as your goals go:
1) Carly will be 5 in four months and still has training wheels too - I really don't have any desire to teach her to ride without (too lazy I guess).
2) Ellie finally gave up her binky ON HER OWN about 4 weeks ago. What a relief. Except nap time is a little harder now. Good luck with this one - especially since Avery seems to have the same strong will as Ellie!
3) Definitely try to get the potty training over with while in an apartment - good thinking! We started last summer with Ellie and we are just BARELY getting to the point where an accident is a rarity. Ahhhh! Potty training does just about kill ya'!
4) Awesome goal! I've made that same goal about 10 times in the past year and I'm still in 1st Nephi! Maybe I'll try to do it with you (are you going to try to finish the whole thing before summer is over?!) Maybe this way I'll feel a little more motivation to do it since someone knows that I'm going to try!
I'm so glad Bob the Beta survived the trip!! I bet he's glad too....I'm sure he'll like El Paso, a lot better than the sewer. Maybe Spike the tarantula will make his way back to your apt. and you guys can reunite. That is, if Geico Caveman didn't keep him.
And good idea to have Avery pee on the apt. carpet, instead of your own carpet. Classic.
Texas huh? Are you there to "sell"? So heres my little tips on your goals.
1. Training wheels? Dejah will be 5 in August, and she's just learning to ride a bike WITH training wheels! :)
2. The binkie? Always a hard on in my house. You just committ. Give her "something else" (bear, sippy with water, etc..) Say goodnight and walk out. Close your door, turn on some white noise, and force yourself to go to sleep. Mycah took 1 week of screeming every night, and then another week of asking for it.
3. Potty training....this one is approaching me soon. Good luck with that :)
4. B.O.M. I'm sorry but it can get so boring. Get a "hand out copy" and take a red pen or highlighter and underline any refrence to God or Jesus. ex. God, Him, Christ, Jesus, Savior, etc...its kind of fun. :)
Those are great goals, I need to potty train Scott to and get him off the bottle, but I'm so scared.
You are so funny! I thought you were going to get Avery off the binky the week I was in AZ with ya! But nice goals, I need to be more motivated!
Those are some good goals. I actually am in the process of reading The Book of Mormon too and set a goal to finish it this year! And i think that's normal for Jace to still have training wheels, don't sweat it, he'll learn soon.
wow, texas! how exciting. i hope you have wonderful summer there. and don't worry about the training wheels. avery is 5 and still has them on. i can't make myself encourage all the accidents that are surely to come. but i guess it must be done! the binkie thing wasn't has hard as i thought. hopefully it won't be for you. i told avery that her binkie was broken and she wanted to cut it so i let her and then we threw them all away. maybe that will work for you. good luck with that one!
Love all your goals! Good luck with all of them! I agree...ruin the apartments carpet not yours!
Those are some very busy goals!! How come you are in Texas?? Are you moving there? Or just a summer thing? I am so behind...lol!! Anyways---good luck! I hope you have a great summer!
Leah - Your kids are adorable! Thanks for the info on the Dr - I really needed that - I couldn't find anyone that new any Dr's in St George.
Man I have to retype this whole thing because I forgot my password and it deleted everything. I hate computers!!!
Anyways, Cute pictures!!!
Good luch with Jace and the training wheels. Never really had to train Sheldon, he never really needed them. Just be grateful you don't have a kid with a strong, defiant, little @%*! personality!!! No really we love Sheldon, but he's his dad's son!
Yah, about the binky, try breaking a thumb. Need I say more?
Take my advice on potty training, after all I am your big sister.......HIRE IT DONE!!!!!!!
My Book of Mormom reading is the kids version with the kids. We've read it 5 times in the last year. Does that count?
Well cute blog talk to you in another 6 months. Love ya Lana
Love the post. You can do! Way to set goals. I need to do that. Jace's b-day pics are the cutest! Give him a big hug for all of us! And I love JD with his hand on his hip in the background on Casey's adventure pic with the firetruck. Oh yea. Casey will learn soon enough that it happens to all of us. Just feels worse when you do it to someone else's kid. I am sure JD has rubbed it in enough! Miss you! Talk soon!!!
It's been awhile! So first off, your kids Easter outfits are adorable, they look so cute! Jace's excitement for holidays makes me look forward to when Kiya can be excited for these things! And the story with Casey - freakin hilarious, that will definitely be a great story to tell for years to come! And the goals, all very good, I need to get me some of those for the summer!
I haven't been on the computer to check blogs for along time, i have been to busy, but man i have missed it. It was fun to catch up on your family! I love all the pictures and stories! Hopefully everyone is feeling better! (you mentioned on facebook they everyone was puking and pooing!!)
Post a Comment