On a total whim I decided to go get Avery's ears pierced. I wanted to do it when she was a baby but never got around to it. I figured with her turning two really soon that she was ready. Plus these past few days she has been playing with my earrings and trying to put them in her ears so I took that as a sign. We went to the mall to Claire's and got it done. She was such a sweet girl. I had her sit on my lap and tried to get her to sit still. We kept telling her that when she was done she could have a sucker. Two girls got the gun ready and did both ears at the same time. When they pierced her ears Avery jumped and gasped. I was just waiting for the screaming and crying to follow. And then... nothing!!! She just reached over and said "sucker!" I was amazed! She was not phased at all. What a brave little girl. She looks so cute and I love them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







9 comments:
Why does it not surprise me, that little Avery was motivated by candy? Too funny! I just started laughing when I read that after getting her ears pierced, she said, "sucker." That little girl deserves 2 suckers for not crying, if you ask me! Give her a pack of gum while you're at it! Love her new little earrings!
And tell Jace I think his batman toy and his faux hawk, are pretty freakin sweet!
Oh cute! She's stinking adorable! K, tell me they didn't do BOTH ears at the same time!!! Did they? Double owe if they did. I just got Lily's done a week or so ago....I think it's cute....
yeah for little girls.
You have the CUTEST kids! Jason said that I have to wait til the girls can ask for it themselves without my prodding! Jace is a little hottie! I really hope that in 20 years they he meets one of my girls at college!
That is so cute! I can't believe she didn't cry. Every girl i know has cried when they got their ears pierced, that is so awesome she didn't cry! I'm in shock right now. She is too cute and looks JUST like you! What a beauty she is!
Oh, I was going to tell you, how much you look like Leisha in that first picture of you holding Avery!!
Cute!! It's not that bad huh? Everyone always looks at me like I am a terrible mother when they see that I have my girls ears pierced, especially when the are babies and they say "Did she scream and cry?" Like I would torture them!! They never really cry...So I don't feel bad. She looks so cute! I love hearing from you! Isn't it crazy how fast kids grow up...
Holy cow,I can't believe she didn't cry! She is so dang cute, she looks like you!
Psh! I will totally have time to cook after I have kids. My kids are going to be little angels, remember?
Soooo cute! I CANNOT wait to see all of you! And I loved the last blog. You are a terrific mom and you better believe it! Thanks for reminding me to live in the moment as well! Love you!
Post a Comment