Recently we celebrated Jace's 6th birthday. I can't express how much love, joy, and laughter he brings into our home. JD and I are so lucky to have been blessed with such a sweet spirit. I'm glad he is our oldest and gets to set the example for his younger siblings. JD and I are always saying to eachother what a good kid we think he is. He has his moments like all children do, but he is just such a sweet boy. It's hard to watch my oldest child grow up. In 6 more years he'll be 12!! And then 6 years after that... time please STOP!! My goal with all of our children is to be as close to them as possible. I want them to always know they can turn to their parents and talk to us about anything. I want my boys to always be "momma's boys!" What's wrong with that?? Oh Jace, we LOVE you more than words can say and are so proud of you and the big boy you're becoming! (say that fast three times!)
Now, enough of the sap and onto the big day! We had a sports themed party at our house. Played some kickball, broke a pinata, had a water balloon fight, and ate tons of pizza and cake!! Boys are pretty easy but VERY rowdy! I had in my head the way I wanted the party to turn out (very organized) and it was not quite like that! Tootsie rolls and cupcake smashed in the carpet, water all over the house, a hot mess! They had a lot of fun though and it made it all worth it. I however learned a couple things....
1. Although a little pricey,totally worth it to book a party at Chuck E Cheeses or wherever!!
2. Looking into that for next time..
3. Birthday parties are happening every OTHER year for the Meachams!!



This cake was super easy to make, turned out pretty cute right?!



The opening of the presents was a little chaotic! Not sure what he got from whom... how do you control this?!!

A few days later was his actual birthday and we surprised him with his brand new Haro bike! (I've never heard of IT but JD claims they are pretty sweet bikes!) Of course Jace loves it! I think Daddy knows how to spoil us all ;)


7 comments:
6 is crazy huh? That is how I feel. When they started kindergarden I thought they all looked so small, and now my girls are all gangly and tall. :( I agree on the party! Lot's of work! It looked way fun though!
Dude, you need to take Brody's Haro bike back to the store...it's missing pedals! ;)
Ha ha! so cute!
I can't believe little Jace is 6 years old!! Your oldest boy just turned 6 years, and my oldest boy just turned 6 months! I know that's a huge difference, but it seems like my little baby is growing up so fast! Next thing I know, he'll be turning 6!
Glad that Jacers had a good birthday. His momma and daddy sure spoiled him! Cute cake by the way. I know exactly what cake Mark is going to want me to make for Camden's birthday :) And that's a lot of kids at your house! I knew Chucky Cheese was good for something! :)
Oh, and Mark is going to LOVE reading your new post tonight at work!
By the way, totally cool wanting your boys to stay momma's boys. I feel the same way! :)
Happy Birthday Jacers!! Love you!
Lachelle hit the nail on the head. First off, I love the cake. I would be the happiest man in the world if I got that cake every year. The only thing I would do differently is make it an Oakland Athletics cake. You should try that next year, I know Jace or Brody would love it!
Happy birthday Jace!!!!
As for the post, it sure is nice to be able to have something to read while I am at work. I am still disappointed in last time but I am sure I will get over it eventually. As for next time I will expect a new post on Thursday since that is the next time I work. Make it happen.
P.S. Since you are in AZ will you go protest for me and my people at the state capitol, I sure would appreciate it!!!(HaHaHa)
It's crazy how FAST time goes, really. It's weird to think that i have a 4 yr old and going to have three kids. Now I'll know how you feel with 3 kids, I'm stressing a little here! Your a good mommmy and you did a wonderful job on the party! Tayson loved it and i love the first picture of him! And i know what you mean how expensive parties can get, Tayson's was ridiculous just for a party for a couple hours, oh well it's only once a year. I LOVE that cake, you did a fabulous job and the cupcake were yummy. You also did a great job on the candy bags you put together, those were so cute!
Hey Leah, Looks like it was a fun party, at least for the kids!! Bummer Hopper missed it. We still want Jace to come play!
Happy Birthday Jacers! Tell him and your other kids that I can't wait to babysit them all day every day! So crazy he's already six. Such a sweet boy!
Avery's hair is getting so long too. And the cake looks delicious.
Welp.. Can't wait to go to Phoenix- the place where Mother Nature doesn't get mood swings! Yeah!
I can't believe Jace is 6! That seems so old.
Great job on the cake!
Post a Comment