CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 18, 2009

Tonto Creek

Since we have never been camping as a family before we decided to join our ward for the annual campout at Tonto Creek in Payson, AZ. JD was pretty excited to get some gear and take the kids. You probably wouldn't figure me to like camping but I actually had a lot of fun and talked JD into taking us all again in a few weeks! Brody struggled a little bit at night and it was kindof hard for him to walk around on the unlevel ground but all in all it was a success! (The sleeping ground was actually really hard but we know what to do for next time!)




All packed up and ready to go. Brody was passed out before we hit the freeway! And Avery is in the weird smile stage. She squints her eyes so bad every time I try and take her pic.














Jace loved this little rock wall that all the kids were climbing up.



This one makes me laugh because it is so typical of Jace. He is so overly concerned and protective of his brother and sister. He was so afraid they were going to fall off the rock!









Such a master at the fire!






Carving our roasting sticks






All packed and ready to head home. I have never seen the kids hands and fingernails so dirty in my life!

12 comments:

Alli Blue said...

We are always busy the weekend of a ward camp out. I always say "next year". We'll see!

Clenece said...

What nice big protective son you have! I love camping too, it is cheap fun when you have the supplies!!

Jessica and Mike Stosich said...

How fun. I haven't been camping in forever. I bet that was a blast! I love how Avery squints her eyes and has a big smile, so cute!

Rochelle said...

How fun! We went to our ward campout too, funny. It looks like you did a lot more! All we were able to do was make it up around 10pm and then after breakfast head home. I'll have to tell you more about it and the carpoool;) But same, we know what to bring for next time. Cute pictuers! It must be the oldest sibling thing to be so protective around the younger siblings. Damon is the same way! But more OCD. Love the weird smile stage with Avery. Kids definitely have that don't they. I was wondering how you fit all the kids in the Durango. In fact at the the camp out some one asked me if we could fit another child on the bench and I didn't know and thought of you. Perfect pic! Love Brody cashed out! How far was the drive?
My blog doesn't say when it updates even with an update thing because its private, so I'll try to send you a mess when I update it! Love ya!

Rochelle said...

k, I posted 2! yea! And I am digging that yellow Idaho shirt that JD is wearing. I got it for him! (I am pretty sure)

Laurel Rasmussen said...

Ahh Jace is so sweet to his siblings! Hope you had a fun time camping, I know how much us Rassy girls just love camping out! haha
I, also, LOVE the Idaho shirt JD is sporting! Way to represent!

Skylette said...

That is too cute that Jace is so concerned about Avery and Brodsters! What a great big brother. :)

Mark and Lachelle said...

Ok, so I've totally been slacking from the blogging. Just now saw your posts. And of course, you know I have lots to say, as always!
1. Love Aves new PINK car seat! And how lucky are your kiddies when you guys go on trips...Starbursts and 7-Up! LUCKY DUCKS!

2. Totally diggin JD's Idaho shirt! Pretty sure I need to get me one!

3. Love that Jace is so protective of Brodesters and Aves! That's cute! Hope he beats up all of Aves future boyfriends too ;)

4. You're brave to go camping...and with kids too!! Can't remember the last time I went camping. I'm all about cabins though!

5. Do I have the cutest neices and nephews or what?!!

Barney Family said...

Man seeing those pics makes me really want to go camping. it's one of my favorite things to do!! We need to hang out soon since were all back in zona now, I miss you!!

Anna Beal said...

oh,...camping

April said...

Jace looks like he loved camping! I'm glad you decided to take the kids.. looks like you had alot of fun!

Natalie said...

Eric and I have been dying to go camping but I know that Maddix won't sleep so that means I won't sleep...so I'm putting it off! Looks like fun though!