CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Brody Don Meacham

Well...it's been one week since our "little" Brody came into this crazy world. Time really does fly and actually he wasn't so "little!" Weighing in at 8lbs. 14oz. he was our biggest baby yet! I don't know where all his hair came from either! I love his chubby cheeks and round face, I can't get enough of him!
The night before I went in to be induced, we had Mark my brother in law come over and give me a blessing. It was a beautiful blessing and left me feeling peace and comfort. The doc wanted me to go into the hospital at 4 am to start the process. So needless to say, I got about one hour of sleep that night! They started me on the pytocin around 5am, broke my water around 12:30 pm and had the baby at 2:51pm. I feel like I had to work a little harder for this one but probably only pushed for about 10 minutes. I seriously can't complain about that! When he came out the nurse just kept saying how big he was. I was prepared for a big baby since I was measuring big the whole pregnancy. The most important thing to me was that he was healthy, and healthy he was! We are so blessed to have such healthy children. There were no complications and we got to bring him home 24 hrs. later. JD keeps saying how "money" he is. I am so lucky to have a husband who loves his children so much and adores them more than I ever imagined. This pregnancy was a bit of a surprise for us. I was a little upset about it at first because I felt so overwhelmed with Avery just barely turning one, but JD was so supportive from the start, and just kept telling me it was ok and he was excited for another baby. The kids have been so cute with him. Jace is excited to teach him all sorts of boy stuff. He keeps saying how he is going to help him play football. Avery is a little obsessed with him too! She is always asking to "hold it, hold it!" I am excited to have my kids so close in age, and a little scared at all the work it's going to be raising 3 kids under the age of 4. But I am up for it. I love them all so much and am enjoying this sweet little spirit that is in our home now. We are so blessed!
2 a.m. right before going to the hospital
So worth it all!
Our beautiful baby
Gotta love it!
3 little kids and pictures don't mix!
One week old today!
Kisses

11 comments:

Mark and Lachelle said...

For the last time, Brody is NOT Mark's!!! He has an alibi for 9 months ago ;)
Oh yeah, cute kids by the way!

whitney said...

Wow! He is so stinking cute, just like your other kids! Congratulations, I'm so glad everything went so well.

Rich and Andrea said...

congratulations! Your children are adorable. Good luck with "it" all!

Bill & Jen said...

Oh Leah!!! He is so cute!! Congrats! I really don't have any tips to give ya HAHA I can barely make it through one day.. Just teasin. It is fun and very rewarding, especially when you see there cute little faces snuggled into there beds dreaming of ....whatever they dream about....Brody is adorable...along with your others...Glad all went well....we sure miss you guys!

JCLS said...

Your kids are so adorable! And you look awesome after a week from having a baby. Congrats!

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

What cute kids, Brody is adorable!!! You are the cutest pregnant by the way, only your belly grows, not fair, my butt grew way bigger than my belly!!!! What a cute fam, I am so glad you are doing well, I can't believe you have 3 kids though. I swear JAce was a baby like yesterday! You are the best mom!!!

Natalie said...

Brody is so freakin cute! You look great right before and after! I hope I'm that lucky! I can't wait to meet little Brody in the fall! Hope things are going great! Love ya!

Matheson Family said...

We miss you guys so much. I keep trying to convince Todd we should go out there and sell. Your kids are so freakin cute! Kind of makes me want to have another...

Camile said...

Congratulations Meachams!! He is adorable. I love that Avery says, "hold it! hold it!". And that Jace wants to teacah him "boy stuff". I bet it will be rough at times having your kids so close together, but I'm sure it will pay off and they'll be able to play a lot with each other. Sometimes it's easier to have surprises, because you just have to make the most of it and in the end you are so glad that you have them. It seems like it's always inconvenient to have another baby, so it's kinda nice if it just happens!
You look beautiful - both before and after!

Alli grins said...

You were so beautiful pregnant! We should all be so lucky! Glad your Brody is here and heathy. Love his hair!

Clenece said...

You honestly make me SICK! You are so flipin skinny and just have one BIG belly when your pregnant! You looked great.

Then you come home and don't even look like you just had a baby. You still dress way cute, no matter what shape your in! Yes this is what jealously sounds like. LOL!